[gdal-dev] 'gdalwarp.exe' for reprojection

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Jul 19 05:02:12 PDT 2015

Yuta,

> When I convert a HDF file in Sinusoidal Projection into Geographic
> Coordinate System using gdalwarp.exe, how can I specify the following
> parameters?
>
> PIXEL_OFFSET = 0
> LINE_OFFSET = 0
> PIXEL_STEP = 1
> LINE_STEP = 1

You could override the values in a VRT produced by gdal_translate -of VRT
source_dataset out.vrt
But it is dubious that changing the original values reported by the driver is
going to produce something correct.

> I want to make sure that there are not any pixel shifts during
> re-projection.
> If gdalwarp.exe is not a good option for it, what are other methods for it?
> I want to reproject a MODIS file.

There have been recent discussions about why GDAL warping is not appropriate
for datasets that have bow-tie : http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/gdal-dev-
gdalwarp-problems-with-MODIS-L1B-td5206583.html

There are a few hints in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27968890/reproject-
and-mosaic-modis-level2-using-gdal-python

At that time, I see you were looking for a fast(er) gdal_grid. Recently I've
added in trunk (post 2.0) a linear interpolation method which runs several
magnitude of order faster than the other methods.

Even