[gdal-dev] decimal truncation when gdal_translate/gdalwarp

Ramiro Marco Figuera r.marcofiguera at jacobs-university.de
Thu Jul 23 02:31:00 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm creating polar gnomonic DEMs using the LOLA DEMs as input files in
gdal. My end product is an ascii file with X Y Z values. The original
LOLA DEM is data type integer16 and I'm trying to transform it to a
float32. I use -ot Float32 in gdal_translate and -wt Float32 in gdalwarp
to be sure that the data type doesn't changes during the process. The
problem is that when I open my XYZ file, the Z column has only 3 decimal
positions. Is there anything I'm doing wrong or am I completely wrong
trying to do this?

Cheers

Ramiro

--
Ramiro Marco Figuera
Department of Physics and Earth Sciences