[gdal-dev] Is it possible?

Ronquillo, Edgar Nahum eronquillo at lanl.gov
Mon Jun 8 07:10:41 PDT 2015

Hello Gdal users,
I have a question. I have been working here for quite a while on how to map a shapefile into a GeoTiff image. First of all, is this possible with Gdal? Right now I am able to map a shapefile using Basemap, which it isn't Gdal of course. However, I would like to map this same shapefile into Geotiff file that I already have instead of doing it in a big Map like I am doing now. I have been looking around and can't find an example of this being done. If this is not possible with Gdal, do any of you know any available libraries that would do this for me? probably with some examples?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you