[gdal-dev] RPC orthorectification accuracy issues.

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.angelo at dlr.de
Fri Jun 19 06:47:54 PDT 2015

Dear GDAL Developers,

i have recently compared the results of our internal RPC based
orthorectification software and have found several difference, which I
think are due to various "corner" vs "center" of pixel issues in the RPC
transform code. This lead to significant shifts when using lower
resolution DEMs, such as SRTM, particularly in hilly and mountainous
regions.

I have prepared an analysis and patches to fix these issues at:
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/5993

However I'm not very familiar with the GDAL development workflow. Should
changes like those be discussed on the list, or just added to a ticket?

Best regards,
  Pablo d'Angelo

--
Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR)

Dr.-Ing. Pablo d'Angelo
www.DLR.de/eoc