[gdal-dev] reprojection issue

Robert Oehler robert at roproducts.de
Mon Mar 2 08:01:10 PST 2015

Hi,

I’m developing a raster library using GDAL. I use the Java bindings.

I would like to do a reprojection of an image which I have in memory.

I’m using an in-memory driver to create a dataset. I fill it with the properties of the image and its data.

Now I’m doing

Dataset warped = gdal.AutoCreateWarpedVRT(ds, src_proj.ExportToWkt(), dst_proj.ExportToWkt());

but the resulting raster is very different from the original. (720,720 --> 635,810) while the resulting bounding box is correct (compared to my own reprojection implementation)

What am I doing wrong?

I’ve seen gdal.reprojectImage(..) What is the difference? Is it preferable in my case ?

Thank you

Robert Oehler