[gdal-dev] Introductory mail for GSOC project proposal

sarthak agarwal sarthak.a at research.iiit.ac.in
Wed Mar 4 02:00:24 PST 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

Myself Sarthak currently working under Dr. KS Rajan as a research student
in Spatial Informatics Lab, IIIT hyderabad . I am currently working in
spatial databases by optimizing the performance of mongoDb for spatial
databases. Previously i have worked on Billboard placement optimization
problem considering the spatial ,temporal and traffic features.

I am interested in working with GDAL org under the project "*GDAL image
stretch/filter utility". *The problem looks interesting to me and I think i
can challenge the problem and solve it in the given time frame. I am
familiar with the technologies needed for this project.
Can you please provide me with some more literature to understand the
underlying concept behind the problem and a direction to solve it.

Regards,
Sarthak Agarwal
Btech and Ms by research in Spatial Informatics
International Institute Of Information Technology ,Hyderabad