[gdal-dev] gdal_translate with -projwin

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon Mar 16 02:56:44 PDT 2015

Even Rouault <even.rouault <at> spatialys.com> writes:

> Selon Zoltan Szecsei <zoltans <at> geograph.co.za>:
>
> > Hi,
> > I've been banging my head for an hour or so, and I cannot spot my
> > (deliberate) error in trying to clip out an area from a vrt file.

> Zoltan,
>
> Nothing strikes my eyes as obviously wrong. You really mean no output file at
> all ? And the commands runs instantenously ?

Hi,

Keep is as simple as possible. Make a test with one original tiff. Once you
can clip an area out of that with -prjwin, create a VRT file from that one
image only. If clipping is still successful, add more images into VRT.
Continue until the failure happens again. Think what happens then. Perhaps
it is a faulty image or then there is something wrong in GDAL.

But if clipping fails with one single image in VRT, put some small sample
that can be used for reproducing the error somewhere for downloading. If
your images are not free, it can be any other image if you just fool it to
contain similar georeferencing info.

-Jukka Rahkonen-