[gdal-dev] crashing debug-dll of proj4 and gdal with QT - not due to /MD(d) issue

Niels.vonFestenberg-Packisch.ext at rohde-schwarz.com Niels.vonFestenberg-Packisch.ext at rohde-schwarz.com
Tue Mar 17 08:46:24 PDT 2015

Hi all

I have been trying hard to get a running debug version of the gdal- and
proj4-dlls within a larger qt4.8 project. Everything runs smoothly in
release mode, but in debug it always crashes at the first use of a
proj4-function. I'm using VS2008, GDAL v1.11 and proj4 in v4.9 in on a
win7 32bit project relying on Qt4.8 with QTCreator 3.3.

All posts I found on that issue directed me to the choice of the C runtime
dll when building the debug dlls (i.e. MSVCR90.dll vs. MSVCR90D.dll).
However, I've now tried out a whole bunch of compiler flag combinations in
both nmake.opt files (-MD, -MDd for the CRT choice, and also -Zi, -Od,
-Ehsc ...), static and dynamic linking of the libs, also dependency walker
to double check which dlls really are in use, but the error didn't change
at all (nor it disappeared of course).

I'm quite sure to have copied the compiler options of all other libs in
use. Particularly, the crash always happens at the same code line as
mentioned above.

So anybody here has an idea how one could solve this? If you need further
information on the build context, I'll be happy to supply it.

Thank you very much in advance

Regards
Niels

----