[gdal-dev] [GSOC] Support for m coordinates in OGRGeometries

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Mar 17 18:04:21 PDT 2015

Selon Edson Ticona <xcr33d at gmail.com>:

> Hi
>
> I was looking for the ideas list on the site and found this one
> interesting: "Adding support for "M" dimension in OGR Geometries" but
> it's from 2014. Is it still relevant for the project? I searched on
> the code and it isn't implemented.
> For example, the class OGRGeometry needs the methods isMeasured,
> LocateAlong and LocateBetween according to the definition on the OGC
> simple standard. I couldn't find an ISO standard talking about M
> coordinates. Which one do you refer on the page?
> What do you think? Some feedback would be helpful.

Edson,

Yes it is still relevant. Perhaps SQL/MM Part 3 mentions it ? I didn't check.
You'll find the link to a draft doc on
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc49_curve_geometries
What has been done in PostGIS might also be interested looking into.
M only might be a bit light for a whole SOC, so adding support for
POLYHEDRALSURFACE and TIN might also been interesting for completness (and full
PostGIS interoperability).

Even