[gdal-dev] Issues configurign PostGIS with GDAL 1.11.2

Stefano Iacovella stefano.iacovella at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 04:51:13 PDT 2015

Hi all,

sorry for the cross-posting, I am not sure whether the issue is more
relevant to GDAL or PostGIS.

I tried to compile PostGIS 2.1.6 on my Linux Box but the first step end
with an error:

~/sources/postgis-2.1.6 $ ./configure --with-gui
TOPOLOGY: Topology support requested
RASTER: Raster support requested
checking for gdal-config... /usr/local/bin/gdal-config
checking GDAL version... 1.11.2
checking for OGR enabled... yes
checking gdal.h usability... yes
checking gdal.h presence... yes
checking for gdal.h... yes
checking ogr_api.h usability... yes
checking ogr_api.h presence... yes
checking for ogr_api.h... yes
checking cpl_conv.h usability... yes
checking cpl_conv.h presence... yes
checking for cpl_conv.h... yes
checking for library containing GDALAllRegister... no
configure: error: could not find GDAL

It is the same Linux Box, Mint 17, on which I had previously successfully
configured and compiled PostGIS 2.1.5 on GDAL 1.11.1
The upgrade to GDAL 1.11.2 was done after the compilation of PostGIS 2.1.5
so I guess the problem may be related to this release.
I have in fact also tried to use the same configure command on sources for
PostGIS 2.1.5 but got the same error.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Thank you in advance for your help

Stefano
41.95581N 12.52854E

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoiacovella