[gdal-dev] GDAL C++ Api, create new line segments from point layer

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Mar 25 10:35:27 PDT 2015

ChiefDan <ChiefDan <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Jukka,
>
> THanks for the suggestions. THe green points are the decision points, so I
> need to use those in my pathing. For instance, I would choose one of those
> points and then choose another green point as the destination to get the
> route(s).

I have not really done anything useful with routing so my thinking may be
all wrong. I was thinking that there is a green point A on top of segment P,
and another green point B on top of R and you want to go from A to B. If you
select the start point of P and end point of R and compute a route between
them, doesn't the route necessarily go also via A and B? Splitting the line
segments from the middle at exact locations of A and B would not make any
real change into the graph and routing because new nodes would be only
pass-through nodes with cardinality of 2.

-Jukka Rahkonen-