[gdal-dev] RFC 54 and RFC54

SIMON Nicolas nicolas.simon at spw.wallonie.be
Thu Mar 26 04:04:57 PDT 2015

Hi list,

        As I was reading these RFC I was thinking about an old idea to improve the consistency between the different drivers.
        Instead of having a specific test suite for each drivers, it'll be more interesting to have a test suite in each driver relying on a generic test suite common to all driver.
        In this way, we don't have to write a complete test suite when implementing new behaviour in a driver or a new driver
        Another advantage is that we can ensure that drivers behave the same way.

        Concerning RFC55, does it means that driver relying on RDBMS should implement SetFeature as an update ?

        Thanks for your hints

Nicolas SIMON