[gdal-dev] Coordination of potential mentors for GDAL GSoc 2015

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Mar 29 12:07:03 PDT 2015

Hi,

According to https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/osgeo-gsoc-
mentors/rqYSNPxHd0c we have until April 6th to discuss and rank proposals.

As stated by Margherita, this must be done in a private way due to discussions
on personal merits of applicants. I suggest we do that in a Google document
rather than in Melange or email, especially when establishing the global
ranking (as fas as I can see we can't have a synthetic doc in melange, but I
must confess melange UI scares me!) . If you think it is OK (I think it
requires folks to have a google account), please respond to me with your
google account email so I can share it with you. Otherwise we can fall-back to
email discussions... Or if you've better ideas...

We have proposals for the following subjects :

- Integration of cpp GDAL utilities into GDAL core library :
     * new idea 2015,
     * 2 proposals
     * potential mentors : me, Robert?, Daniel?, ???

- GDAL image stretch/filter utility
     * new idea 2015
     * 3 proposals
     * potential mentors: Trent Hare & Jay Laura, ???

- Support of M coordinates, polyhedral surface, TINS and triangles for GDAL
     * idea 2014
     * one proposal
     * potential mentors: me, ???

The important thing is that we need at least 2 mentors for a subject to be
accepted. So, potential mentors, consider it your last chance to show up and
register to melange (
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2015_Administrative#How_to_register_as_a_mentor
) so as to be able to see applications.

If I understand well, we should have minimum one slot, maybe more, but that's
not granted.

Personnaly I'll be mostly off in August so it would be good if the other
mentors could be free at that time.

Even