[gdal-dev] Problems with MySQL queries in GDAL

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed May 6 09:22:52 PDT 2015

Le mercredi 06 mai 2015 18:15:11, Pavol Hnila a écrit :
> Even,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply. I have actually also tried with OSGeo4W
> command line tool for Windows 7, using "ogrinfo mysql:... tablename"
> syntax. The result in mysql log file seems to be the same as with Qgis, so
> I concluded that the reason must be gdal.

I guess you just a DESCRIBE for each layer, but not multiple times for a given
layer ?
I assumed this was the problem you had (multiple DESCRIBE for a given layer)
given the logs you showed.

If your issue is rather that at dataset opening all layers are queried with
DESCRIBE, then yes this is expected from the current state of the mysql
driver. That could potentially be improved.

Even