[gdal-dev] GDAL overrite file error

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Thu May 7 11:27:03 PDT 2015

Hi,

Regarding overwrite:
I think the "-overwrite" parameter in ogr2ogr commandline tool does not work.
I tried it with drivers like "ESRI Shapefile", GeoJSON and others
without success.
ogr2ogr always exits and reports
"ERROR 6: The GeoJSON driver does not overwrite existing files."
Why should drivers not be able to overwrite?
Is'nt deleting files common task for all drivers (meaning to be
handled outside the actual writer drivers)?

-S.