[gdal-dev] GDAL no longer compile under Windows

Yuchen Zhong yuchen at avenza.com
Thu May 14 08:37:47 PDT 2015

Hello Even,

Basically, there are a number of files not found. I guess there must be an error in build script? I notice that gcore/makefile.vc was modified in that commit. It builds fine for the last commit on May 2, 2015.

Here is an example of the error message (I also attached the entire compile log in this email for your reference):

c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'gdaljp2metadatagenerator.cpp': No such file or directory
Generating Code...
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\cl.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

Best regards,
Yuchen

Sent from Mailbird [http://www.getmailbird.com/?utm_source=Mailbird&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sent-from-mailbird]
On 2015-05-14 11:15:34 AM, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:
Selon Yuchen Zhong :

> Hello all,
>
> For some reason, GDAL no longer compile after this check in (commit) on May
> 3rd, 2015:

Yuchen

"no longer compiles" is not precise enough. Please report the exact error
messages.

> Add imagery (satellite or aerial) metadata support (DigitalGlobe, GeoEye,
> OrbView, Landsat, Pleiades, Resurs-DK1).
> git-svn-id: https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk@29123
> f0d54148-0727-0410-94bb-9a71ac55c965

Did you try more recent revisions ? There was a temporary breakage that has been
fixed in later revisions.

The builds at http://archive.gisinternals.com/sdk/ succeeds with latest
revisions

Even