[gdal-dev] [Proj] Pixel Shifts When Warping

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun May 17 03:54:44 PDT 2015

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 6:44 AM, Yuta Sato <yutaxsato at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear GDAL and Proj Developers and Users:
>
> I am really frustrated when the MODIS HDF file converted into GeoTiff with
> GCS projection never match with the same MODIS file  converted from MODIS
> Reprojection tool.

We had this issue in the past, too, for our "EuroLST" project
(gap-filling of all LST maps for Europe, see
http://gis.cri.fmach.it/eurolst/).
Solved since then, see below.

> Do you have any idea on which is more precise: gdalwarp or MRT? Or there is
> any way in gdalwarp to get the same image as MRT gives?

You may take a look at
http://pymodis.fem-environment.eu/

pyModis >= 1.0 comes with fast GDAL support (way faster than MRT).

The details of the gdalwarp usage you find in the source code here:
https://github.com/lucadelu/pyModis/blob/master/pymodis/convertmodis_gdal.py

Hope this helps,
Markus

--