[gdal-dev] Reading multipatch textures from FileGeoDataBase using GDAL

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu May 21 10:05:24 PDT 2015

Sameer,

> I am using GDAL (Java binding) API in my application to read from file
> geodatabase. I am trying to read multipatch geometry and textures of a
> Building. I could read features, Geometry, relationship information etc.
> from file geodatabase, but unable to read multipatch textures. Could
> anybody suggest me approach to read textures from filegeodatabase?

There's no way with OGR currently. You should be able to get the vertex
information from the multipatch, but textures are ignored for now. It's not
directly obvious however how they could be modelled in OGR.

If you're also a C/C++ programmer, you could look at the Extended Shapefile
specification provided with the FileGDB SDK, and hack into
ogr/ogrpgeogeometry.cpp to enhance the multipatch decoder to decode textures.

Even