[gdal-dev] Ingesting ESRI geometry into PostGIS

David Vick dvick at boundlessgeo.com
Mon Nov 23 11:01:27 PST 2015

Paul,

Thanks for the response.  We are running ArcSDE on top of the PostgreSQL
server hence the first part of the question.  As part of our process we are
using ArcObjects to extract the schema of the FileGDB and write the schema
to PostgreSQL and then are attempting to use gdal/ogr2ogr to move the data
as this is much faster than ESRI's processes, but this has failed and now
we know why.  Your second point is quite clear and something that my client
will have to look at in the future.

David Vick

Professional Services Engineer | Boundless <http://www.boundlessgeo.com>
dvick at boundlessgeo.com