[gdal-dev] strange grid pattern when reprojecting

Ramiro Marco Figuera r.marcofiguera at jacobs-university.de
Wed Nov 25 07:16:17 PST 2015

Hi all,

I noticed a curious gridded pattern when using gdalwarp to reproject. I
am reprojecting some lunar south polar DEMs in stereographic projection
to gnomonic projection. I am using the following command: gdalwarp
-t_srs '+proj=gnom +lat_0=-90 +lon_0=0 +x_0=0 +y_0=0 +a=1737400
+b=1737400 +units=m +no_defs ' topo_stereo.tif topo_gnom.tif

When I create a hillshaded map using gdaldem hillshade I can see a
gridded pattern. I did a hillshaded map with the original map and the
grid is no there. Am I making a mistake when reprojecting or is that a
bug? I can provide images if necessary.

Cheers,

Ramiro

--