[gdal-dev] Proposed Block iterator API

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Nov 25 21:44:56 PST 2015

Hi,

I was wondering if this idea could resolve also this old ticket https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1233

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Even Rouault wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if there wasn't a need for a block iterator API for code that

wants to process raster efficiently and iterates over blocks from top to bottom,

and left to write. Currently you have to create 2 for loops and deal with

partial blocks at edges (see

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/gcore/rasterio.cpp#L3576).

Nothing really fundamentaly complicated, but I guess people have to often

write that boring code and I'm sure there a lot of occurences of it inside

GDAL itself. The API just returns the coordinates of the window, but doesn't

do the pixel queries (people could use it to operate on a single band, or

multiple bands)