[gdal-dev] Deviation with gdalwarp

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 04:29:03 PDT 2015

Hi Jukka,

I think it is a problem with the hosting service... Sorry...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772257/qgis/Testes.zip

Hi Even,

> This a known behaviour of gdalwarp. See
> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4344

Yes, it is exactly this problem!

-crop_to_cutline (Crop the extent of the target dataset to the extent of
the cutline) adjusts the output raster to the cutting polygon limit, which
maybe why gdalwarp is using that 50% of the pixel to establish the limit.
So, seen from this perspective, I do not know if this is actually a GDAL
bug, because in reality it does what the parameter says, right?

gdalwarp tool used in QGIS is adding -crop_to_cutline parameter by default,
and it leads to the problem.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Pedro