[gdal-dev] Gdal 2.0 vs Gdal 1.x : Testing driver capabilities

Julien Michel julien.michel at cnes.fr
Tue Oct 13 23:45:17 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I am currently trying to make our software (Orfeo ToolBox) both
compatible with Gdal 1.x (> 1.10) and gdal 2.x. I am almost done but I
am having a hard time figuring out how to test capabilities on a (former
OGR) driver.

Indeed, I can see in ogrsf_frmts.h that OGRSFDriver::TestCapability() is
deprecated :

virtual int            TestCapability( const char *pszCap )
OGR_DEPRECATED("Use GDALDriver class instead") = 0;

However, I can not find such a service in GDALDriver class ... The only
TestCapability I found is the one of GDALDataset.

I am specifically trying to test the ODrCDeleteDataSource capability on
the driver, and I can not use the GDALDataset::TestCapability() for that
(or at least it is not listed in supported capabilities in doxygen of
this method [1]).

What am I missing here ?

Thanks a lot for your replies,

Regards,