[gdal-dev] Weird OpenFileGDB error

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 12:03:11 PDT 2015

Hi All,

I've been trying unsuccessfully to extract a feature class from a large
file geodatabase.  While many of the other feature classes in it are read
properly, on this one I get the following error:

$ ogrinfo -summary file.gdb Streets
Had to open data source read-only.
INFO: Open of `file.gdb'
      using driver `OpenFileGDB' successful.

Layer name: Streets
Geometry: Multi Line String
ERROR 1: Error occured in filegdbtable.cpp at line 768

Line 768 is part of this block of code:

     if( byFieldType > FGFT_XML)
        {
            CPLDebug("OpenFileGDB", "Unhandled field type : %d",
byFieldType);
            returnError();   <---- line 768
        }

Can any of you provide me some suggestions for how I can trace the specific
cause of this problem more precisely?  Unfortunately, this is commercial
data which I can't share with you, but I'd be happy to try to diagnose the
problem more thoroughly.

Thanks,

Roger