[gdal-dev] Follow on to the "ISO Metadata" post

Tim Crook tim.crook at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 22 05:29:09 PDT 2015

Hello Doug and Damian.

I saw your post about ISO 19103, ISO 19115 and  ISO 19115-1. I am starting
to look at ticket #3549 (https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3549). This
ticket is a specific problem for metadata translation for image
transformations to the PCIDSK format. The ticket references JPEG and TIFF.

The first thing I thought of was when I saw your posts was mapping the XML
metadata from different sources into an internal format to GDAL, then
passing through the information for mapping to the destination format. I
suppose there are some image source formats that don't use XML to store
their metadata, so this would require additional handling.

I suppose the internal format to GDAL could be XML in the ISO 19115-1
format.

Am I completely off base here?