[gdal-dev] Retrieving Sub Datasets from an RPF's A.TOC file

Miller, Doug dmiller at JFTI.com
Mon Oct 26 09:58:01 PDT 2015

When retrieving a sub dataset from GDAL using GDALOpen() and expressing the file path as  "NITF_TOC_ENTRY:CADRG_TLM50_50K_2_18:C:/rpf/a.toc "  there is a considerable delay.  This delay is acceptable if the RFP's coverage is for the United States, but if the coverage is for the world then it becomes a problem.

Is there a different way that I should be working with RPF (CADRG) within the GDAL framework or should I move on to something like OSSIM?

Thanks for any help you can give,

Doug