[gdal-dev] GDAL error from Mapserver 7.0

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Sep 10 08:44:45 PDT 2015

Le jeudi 10 septembre 2015 17:11:05, Jukka Rahkonen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> We tried to update Mapserver from 7.0b1 into 7.0.0 and GDAL version was
> rised from 1.11.2 into 2.0.0. However, Spatialite tileindex layer stopped
> working.
>
> The error that comes from Mapserver is

> #0  0x00007efd01639b8e in OGRSQLiteTableLayer::Initialize (this=0x26013a0,
> pszTableName=0x24b30a0 "usimmat_kuvat", bIsVirtualShapeIn=<value optimized
> out>, bDeferredCreation=<value optimized out>)
>     at ogrsqlitetablelayer.cpp:200
> 200                 if( poFeatureDefn->GetGeomFieldCount() == 0 )
>

> This part looks odd is pszTableName=0x24b30a0 "usimmat_kuvat". The table
> name in the mapfile and in Spatialite is actually "uusimmat_kuvat"

The crash is indeed linked to the fact that a wrong table name was passed. And
to reach that point the table name was of the form
"table_name(geom_column_name)", right ?

Fixed by https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6103

As far as the why there's this one character offset, the fundamental cause for
the issue, I don't know without having a way to reproduce.