[gdal-dev] Looking for gdal_merge workflow

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Sep 16 10:03:46 PDT 2015

Le mercredi 16 septembre 2015 18:48:43, Carl Godkin a écrit :
> Thank you for the suggestion.  I never realized that gdalwarp was useful
> for more than coordinate system transformation!
>
> Now I'm trying to figure out the right options for this since gdalwarp's
> manual page hardly mentions the mosaic operations.

Mosaicing is a bit dealt at :
http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/workshop/foss4ge2015/workshop_gdal.html#__RefHeading__5955_1333016408

> Given my hi-res image with plenty of nodata and lo-res image without any
> nodata, can you suggest a command line that will choose the hi-res image
> where it's available and fill in the nodata regions with the lo-res image?
> I've played around some with gdalwarp but haven't achieved the result I am
> looking for yet.

gdalwarp in1.tif in2.tif out.tif should pick up the resolution of the hi-res
image (not verified, but that's what the code suggests)

Anyway with the -tr switch, you can control the resolution.