[gdal-dev] Review of ogr2ogr SQL queries

Pekka Sarkola pekka at gispo.fi
Sat Sep 19 04:52:17 PDT 2015

Hi!

I just wonder if it possible to review which kind of SQL queries ogr2ogr is
doing.

My problem: I'm exporting data from PostGIS to SQlite and some of the
queries are slow. So, I'm not sure if my indexes are perfect in PostGIS
side. Should be, but you never know.

My export query includes -clipsrc <from PostGIS layer>. Is ogr2ogr building
one huge SQL query to PostGIS or will it first get clip
polygon/multipolygons from -clipsrc and then send that again to PostGIS?

Rgs,

Pekka

Pekka Sarkola
Gispo Oy