[gdal-dev] Unable to find driver 'MYSQL' after successful config and make

Nicholas Williams nicholas+osgeo at nicholaswilliams.net
Wed Sep 23 12:07:54 PDT 2015

I downloaded gdal-2.0.1.tar.gz, reconfigured, recompiled, reinstalled, and
suddenly it's working. So maybe there was a problem with 2.0.0? Or maybe,
as Even said (as I was typing this message), the problem was needing to
"make clean" (I wiped the directory after downloading the new version).

Also, I should note that the MySQL hints page (
http://gdal.org/drv_mysql.html) is missing a certain type of error. It
correctly warns me about the "Got a bigger packet" warning, and changing
"max_allowed_packet" fixes that problem. But it's not the only problem.

If you have binlog enabled in MySQL, you might, like I did, see the
following error:

MySQL error message: Can't change size of file (Errcode: 2 - No such file
or directory)

It took me a while to figure out that the problem was related to binlog (no
file name in the error message and no error message in the log file was not
helpful). I needed to set:

binlog_cache_size = 16M
binlog_stmt_cache_size = 16M

To get rid of that error. Those values default to just 32K (WAAAYYY to
small). Once I set the documented setting and those other two settings to
higher values, it imported the shapefile into MySQL like a charm! :-)

Thanks,

Nick