[gdal-dev] Call for discussion on RFC 59.1: GDAL/OGR utilities as a library

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Sep 25 09:12:37 PDT 2015

Hi,

Another iteration on the subject, trying to find a compromise. Hopefully the
good one... I created a derived version from the original RFC :

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc59.1_utilities_as_a_library

Main changes since original proposal :
- C structure for options are now opaque
- new functions are put into the existing libgdal
- added syntaxic sugar for Python bindings

I've recreated a new proposed implementation for gdalinfo & gdal_translate,
largely based on Faza's work, and resynchronized with trunk (hopefully not
losing changes...)

If we are OK on this, I'd like we approve it and merge the work done for
gdalinfo & gdal_translate, and then proceed step by step with other utilities
with the same principles.

Even