[gdal-dev] Improving ogr dxf driver spline reader

Pero Brbora pero.brbora at stud.unidu.hr
Fri Apr 1 10:36:41 PDT 2016

Hi,

I would like to improve ogr dxf driver spline reader. I have created
few test files and found mistakes in source code. Current spline
reader creates splines only from control points, and then tries to
recreate knots and sets weights to 1. From my understanding of splines
they are completely defined with control points, knots and weights -
and all this data can be read from dxf file.

Is it ok to:
first) submit ticket with description and test files
second) submit pull request which targets autotest part of gdal and
adds tests which show that current implementation fails
third) submit pull request which targets ogr dxf dxf driver and fixes
all of the above

Is this correct approach for contributing to gdal?

Thanks, bye