[gdal-dev] Motion: Promote 2.1.0RC3 for release

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Apr 25 09:24:40 PDT 2016

Le lundi 25 avril 2016 17:45:20, Sean Gillies a écrit :
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com>
>
> wrote:
> > Hi Sean,
> >
> > > I see something that looks like a regression between the beta and rc3
> > > in
> >
> > my
> >
> > > Rasterio CI
> > >
> > >   https://travis-ci.org/mapbox/rasterio/jobs/125120910#L1429
> > >
> > > That test was passing with the beta release. Any chance of holding the
> > > release up for 60 minutes while I double check that I'm just not
> > > building 2.1.0 wrong on Travis?
> >
> > Sure, take the needed time.
> >
> > Is this test about catching GDAL debug messages ? There was a change in
> > GDAL
> > logging just before beta1 related to that (and normally with little
> > impact in
> > the default behaviour), so if that worked with beta1, no reason that
> > doesn't
> > work anymore. I'm short of idea otherwise.
>
> Can you point me to the commit changing the logging?

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/33842/

Hum actually looking at it and the fact that you use CPLSetErrorHandler(),
https://github.com/mapbox/rasterio/blob/master/rasterio/_drivers.pyx#L161 ,
there's in fact a behavioural change that wasn't intended.

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/port/cpl_error.cpp?rev=33842#L46
should be initialized to true. I guess I should fix that...

> I might be confused about whether I'm comparing rc3 behavior to beta1 or an
> earlier snapshot. There's definitely a change since April 1's dev
> prerelease.

Weird. The 2.1.0beta1 snapshot includes r33842