[gdal-dev] Question on GDAL using libjpegturbo

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Aug 2 00:03:07 PDT 2016

On Monday 01 August 2016 19:38:29 Lucian Plesea wrote:
> How about 8 and 12 bit JPEG simultaneously, using libjpegturbo?

I'm not sure libjpegturbo can be compiled in 12bit mode. Perhaps it can, but
in that case I guess that it doesn't have the SIMD optimizations enabled.
Anyway at the ./configure stage in GDAL we currently only support JPEG 12 with
GDAL internal libjpeg (ie 6b) compiled in 12bit mode. It works best when
libjpeg 8bit (either external such as libjpeg/libjpeg-trubo or internal) has
also 6b ABI. If libjpeg 8bit has not the 6b ABI, JPEG-in-TIFF 12bit will be
disabled. Other uses of JPEG 12 should work though.