[gdal-dev] Status of ESRI ARcSDE raster (frmts/sde) driver

Kurt Schwehr schwehr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 11:29:22 PDT 2016

Hi all,

The ArcSDE raster format driver <http://www.gdal.org/frmt_sde.html> is not
currently being built by any of the automated testing systems (as far as I
know).  With r34811
<https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/34811/trunk/gdal/frmts/sde/sdedataset.cpp>,
I broke the code back 2 weeks ago for trunk and nobody noticed.  I don't
know if it worked before that or after a fix I just submitted.  We have a
couple options with this code.

It would be great to get someone to get the code to build automatically
someplace so we could treat it like other drivers that not all developers
can build locally... we can at least see the error messages and iterate
(slowly) to fix things.

However, we have other alternatives....

We could remove the code from trunk.  And if later, someone really wanted
it, we could add it back.

Or someone could build a fake
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/346372/whats-the-difference-between-faking-mocking-and-stubbing>
that
would be good enough for testing.  Or even just a mock or stub to let us
know that it builds correctly.  e.g. the very beginnings of dummy headers
are here <https://gist.github.com/schwehr/5ea1566591405a228b73d24f7f2cb2be>

Thoughts on this driver?

svn log | egrep '^r[0-9]' | cut -d\| -f2 | sort -u
 dron
 goatbar (me -> just general code cleanup)
 hobu
 mloskot
 rouault
 tamas