[gdal-dev] How does GDAL OSM driver deal with closed ways?

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon Dec 5 05:08:42 PST 2016

Djordje Spasic wrote:

I will definitively read through the links you gave me Jukka. Thank you.

Until then, do you mind if I ask just for a tiny clarification?

> The default rendering style file has such a list
https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/blob/master/default.style
Is this the part of that file that I need to take a look at:
https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/blob/master/default.style#L83-L152

Yes.

> and you can find it also from the osmconf.ini file
But osmconf.ini file only defines the polygons keys, not linear ones?
This is the line in osmconf.ini which defines polygon keys:
closed_ways_are_polygons=

Those closed ways which are not defined to be polygons are considered to be linear rings and they go to the lines layer.

-Jukka-