[gdal-dev] Motion: adopt RFC 64: Triangle, Polyhedral surface and TIN

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Dec 14 07:05:46 PST 2016

+0 as I'm wondering if there could be a better way to handle this, i.e.
it's not clear to me how useful it is to read/write those new geometry
types without maintaining the (topological?) relationships between the
objects. I am no expert with that type of data structures so my concerns
may be completely invalid too and I have no alternative to offer, hence
my +0.

Daniel

On 2016-12-13 1:13 PM, Even Rouault wrote:
> On vendredi 9 décembre 2016 12:10:25 CET Even Rouault wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>

>> There have been some good remarks, one regarding integration with GEOS
> that
>
>> I've taken into account in the implementation, another one regarding the
>
>> possibility to get indexed TIN that I think can be later added if needed.
>

>> So I move to adopt RFC 64: Triangle, Polyhedral surface and TIN
>

>> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc64_triangle_polyhedralsurface_tin
>

>> Starting with my +1,
>

> Friendly remainder that this motion is under vote.
>

> Even
>

> --

> http://www.spatialys.com

Daniel Morissette