[gdal-dev] RFC 61: Call for vote on adoption

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 00:18:00 PST 2016

Thanks,

We now have +1 from Even, Tamas, Jukka and Daniel. Is that formally enough?

I have a small change to the draft. I now think that the coordinate
flags should be managed/queried solely through Is3D(), IsMeasured()
(which are standard) and set3D(boolean) and setMeasured(boolean), (which
are extensions to the SF specification). I.e., the getFlags() and
setFlags(int) should be removed. The reason is that there is one flag,
which is used only for points, and thus the API can be easily misused.

Similarly the bit #defines for the coordinate flags sh/could be private.
In practice that means to move them to ogr_p.h.

Even, there are strange errors in the ogr_pg.py tests.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/archive.travis-ci.org/jobs/107782519/log.txt

Test 24 fails because the layer is NoneType, i.e., it does not open the
datatypetest table. However, if I run the tests up to 24 but quit before
it, the table exists and seems to be ok. I had similar problems with the
shape driver - temporary datasets disappearing midtests. Any idea what's
the reason?

Ari