[gdal-dev] RFC 61: Call for vote on adoption

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 03:26:59 PST 2016

One more issue came up.

Shapefiles, which have Z will also have M, at least a placeholder for it.

Having shapefiles as XYZM always in that case may be problematic.

It is possible to use the open options SHPT=type to override the
default. We could have Z => XYZ as default for backwards compatibility
and require open option for Z  => XYZM.

Ari