[gdal-dev] NetCDF+HDF5 and threadsafety

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Feb 10 14:52:01 PST 2016

Finally got a chance to test this.

With HDF5 built with thread safety, without HL (of course, no NetCDF4), the multireadtest has no problems on a HDF5 file.

The opposite - no thread safety + HL and NetCDF4, I get a bunch of "pointer being freed was not allocated" errors.

If I force HL + threadsafety (new config option for HDF5), multireadtest again succeeds, and also on a NetCDF4 file.  Austotests also succeed on both.

>>> How do I trigger building that?
>>
>> Just like the above mentionned lines :-) After you've initially built GDAL
>> from the top directory
>
> Ah, I'm not reading the details, my brain just saw the run line ;)

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy