[gdal-dev] Thoughts about including /I for xcopy in nmake.opt?

Timothy Astle timothy.astle at caris.com
Thu Feb 11 11:01:39 PST 2016

I was building GDAL on Windows today and hit a case where the DATADIR
was defined with a path that did not end with a backslash. That resulted
in the following prompts:

Does D:\yadda\yadda\gdal specify a file name
or directory name on the target
(F = file, D = directory)?

I was wondering if it'd make sense to update the nmake.opt to include
the /I switch on xcopy as follows?

INSTALL    =    xcopy /y /r /d /f /I

/I           If destination does not exist and copying more than one file,
              assumes that destination must be a directory.

Tim