[gdal-dev] RFC 61: Call for vote on adoption

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 02:26:46 PST 2016

I've fixed this so that currently all tests pass (at least locally).

Now Shapefiles, which are created XY come back as XY, XYM as XYM, XYZ as
XYZ, and XYZM as XYZM. Also one should be able to set the required
coordinate combination using parameters - that's not comprehensively
tested however.

There are still a couple of fixme's in the code (shape2ogr.cpp), writing
a shape should take into account the requested coordinate combination
and whether to skip Ms or write them as "no data" (value < 1038
according to the doc).

I changed the code for OGRFeature::SetGeomFieldDirectly to set or unset
the geometry M or Z coordinates depending on the geometry field type of
the feature. That's somewhat bold but the way I did it at least did not
break anything in the tests.

Ari