[gdal-dev] Compiling with ECW/JP2ECW support enabled

Jonathan Williams jonvwill at verizon.net
Wed Feb 17 09:13:02 PST 2016

That's exactly correct, for the plugin attempt. I tried it just to see
if it would get anywhere, as I couldn't find a plugin build script that
supported GDAL >2.0.

As for trying to build the ecw/jp2ecw support into GDAL 2.0.2 itself,
I've now tried the old libecwj2 3.3 code in lieu of the SDK 5.2.1
libraries; as usual, it configures and compiles without complaint, but
the ecw support is simply absent in the final product.

I'd like to use some of the GDAL >2.0 features, but if I'm not able to
get ecw and OpenCL working, I may drop back to the <2.0 series to see if
that helps.

Best,
Jonathan