[gdal-dev] gdalbuildvrt & gdal2tiles.py with GeoTIFF across anti-meridian...

Petr Pridal petr.pridal at klokantech.com
Tue Jan 5 10:37:44 PST 2016

Hi Jan,

It is worth mentioning that if you render map tiles (mercator or different)
for large area from multiple input files and you are hitting issues like:

- heterogenous projections (differing srs in input files)
- alpha compositing of input files
- dateline crossing  (anti-meridian) issues
- speed issues (parallelisation on multiple CPUs)
- size of the produced PNG tiles
- tiles output in XYZ / TMS and in non-mercator grids with WMTS
compatibility
- direct MBTiles / SQLite output

you can try the MapTiler Pro command-line interface, as it solves all
mentioned problems directly. Just pass your input files directly on the
command line - without creating any VRTs in advance. MapTiler is software