[gdal-dev] gdal_translate on single-band TIFF to PNG for web

Tom Chadwin tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk
Mon Jan 11 05:35:22 PST 2016

OK, trying to simplify this, can anyone tell me if file locking is an issue
in this process? I am starting with a raster layer, and then want to run the
following in turn on it:

1. QgsRasterPipe.writeRaster()
2. processing.runalg("gdalogr:warpreproject")
3. processing.runalg("gdalogr:translate")

In each step, I am writing the output to a file, and then running the next
step on that file. In either the QgsRasterPipe step or either of the
processing gdal calls, do I need to do something to free up any locks held
on the intermediate files? Alternatively, can I pipe these processes
together to eliminate this as a consideration?