[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.0 environment

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jan 14 01:49:52 PST 2016

Le lundi 02 novembre 2015 15:30:50, Philipp Seyerlein a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I´m using GDAL 2.0 on an installed osgeo live system, but it doesn´t
> integrate fully in all programs. When I ask the terminal "gdalinfo
> --version", the right Version 2.0.0 is mentioned. But in a Python script I
> always get back the following:
>
> print gdal.VersionInfo('VERSION_NUM')
>
> --> 1110100
>
> It seems that the older version has hidden environment variables. But I
> need version 2000000, because I want to save new wkt-geometries like
> CurvePolygon in a geopackage file. Therefore, I use a python script. So far
> it isn´t possible. Are there any environment variables I have to configure?

First, make sure you've compiled the Python bindings of GDAL 2.0.
And then you likely need to override the PYTHONPATH environment variable to
point to the 2.0 python bindings. For example /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
packages/ if you've done a sudo install. Or if you just built them without
system install, this can be a directory like
/path/to/gdal/root/swig/python/build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7

Even