[gdal-dev] Build gdal with sqlite3 support on linux

a.furieri at lqt.it a.furieri at lqt.it
Mon Jan 25 02:03:24 PST 2016

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 15:20:13 +0530, Gane R wrote:
> I got a source of sqlite3 from amalgation. I compiled on linux to get
> a static lib say libsqlite3.a

Hi Gene,

starting from the amalgamation sources definitely isn't the best
option,
because  this way libsqlite3 will not be correctly installed.
(amalgamation is mainly intended for simple self-standing applications
directly linking the sqlite binary object code).

you simply have to download the "autoconf" sources [1] then performing
a canonical build and that's all:

./configure
make
sudo make install