[gdal-dev] Question about KML Lib

Leonan Carvalho j.leonancarvalho at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 04:26:22 PST 2016

Dear All,

I'd asked a question on GIS Starkexchange
<http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/177545/convert-kml-to-geojson-with-ogr2ogr-and-remove-kml-special-attributes>
 (
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/177545/convert-kml-to-geojson-with-ogr2ogr-and-remove-kml-special-attributes)
about a issue with KML convertion to GEOJSON(or other formats) . There you
can find more tecnical information about it.
It was proposed that I make the same question here in this list, so, to
summarize I have the following scenario:

- I'm using GDAL 1.11.3 on Windows 10, released 09/16/2015
- I'm exporting a KML for GeoJSON
- I do not know the name of layers, or which fields are available.
- I have no any special attributes in the schema but always is created
these attributes:* Name,
description,timestamp,begin,end,altitudeMode,tessellate,extrude,visibility,drawOrder,icon.*
- I must keep only attributes present on schema.

I really appreciate if someone  help to clearance.

(Excuse me for my awful English, I’m French !)

Best wishes,

* José Leonan S. Carvalho*
*Software Engineer*
+55 22 9 99811 1411
j.leonancarvalho at gmail.com
www.leonancarvalho.com
*skype: jleonancarvalho*
*“Procurem deixar este mundo um pouco melhor do que o encontraram, e,
quando chegar a hora de morrer, poderão morrer felizes sentindo que pelo
menos não desperdiçaram o tempo e que procuraram fazer o melhor possível.*
*Deste modo estejam “bem preparados” para viver felizes e para morrer
felizes.”*
* - Lord Baden-Powell of Gilwell *