[gdal-dev] Error in GDALWarp to NWT_GRD

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jul 13 07:21:17 PDT 2016

Le mercredi 13 juillet 2016 15:41:36, jramm a écrit :
> jramm wrote
>
> > gdalwarp -of NWT_GRD -ot Float32 -t_srs EPSG:4326 test.tif test.grd
> >
> > very quickly returns
>
> Sorry this meant to read:
>
> very quickly returns:
>
> 0ERROR 1: /home/jamesramm/test.grd, band 1: IReadBlock failed at X offset
> 0, Y offset 0
> ERROR 1: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 0, Y block offset 0

I don't manage to reproduce. Might perhaps depend on the dimensions of the
input dataset and/or cache size used

That said, it is not inconsistant that some code tries to read blocks on the
newly created dataset. Probably that the Create() method should use
VSIFTruncateL() to set the file to the full size if filling with zeroes is OK
for the format. Otherwise you may need to pad with more appropriate values.
That way potential IReadBlock() won't error out.