[gdal-dev] IMD files being created by gdalwarp and driver.Create

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jul 14 13:28:55 PDT 2016

Benjamin,

> I am seeing .IMD files being created first by driver.Create() with the
> GTIFF driver, and then also by gdalwarp (doing a simple reprojection), with
> both input and output in GTIFF format.
>
> I've never seen these files before... Can I prevent them from being
> written?

If they are created, it means that the IMD metadata domain is set on your
GeoTIFF files. Presumably because it is also set in the source images you use.
There's no option to suppress writing the IMD files when the IMD metadata
domain is set on a GeoTIFF file. So either make sure it is not set, or suppress
the .imd as a postprocessing.

But just doing a plain driver.Create() without setting metadata should not
result in a .imd file being written.

> I'm using GDAL 2.0.2 with the Python bindings, and GDAL 2.1.0 for the
> utilities.

Odd setup. I presume you know what you are doing ;-)

Even